Learning and Teaching English Writing Skills
Planning your writing: What are “best practices” for planning my writing/speaking?
- If you’re a visual thinker/learner who thinks and learns best when able to graphically organize your ideas via “mindmaps” or “concept maps” (e.g., when planning your writing or presentations), you will likely appreciate how quickly and easily the free online draw.io app allows you to create professional-looking flowcharts, etc. (Check out this 4-minute tutorial — including subtitles if you need them ☺ — and draw.io’s templates to quickly learn what draw.io can do!)
Email: How can I develop my ability to write appropriate personal and professional emails in English?
- Assignment Guidelines for the “Professional Email Portfolio” assignment
- Feedback Master (Email)
- Feedback Master (U.S. Cultural Norms)
- Example emails for:
Research: How can I develop my ability in writing up my research for an audience of other researchers/experts in my field?
- Assignment Guidelines for the “Data Commentary” assignment
- Assignment Guidelines for the “Research Article Introduction” assignment
- Research Writing Feedback Master